Introduction to Mental Health
What will I get out of this course?
This course is designed to update health and community volunteers and workers with the concepts, principles, and the philosophical framework of recovery-oriented community mental health practice. Whether you have worked in the sector for many years, or are interested in getting more involved, we can all contribute to creating a community where wellness is a priority.
This unit provides an overview of:
- the nature of recovery from mental illness,
- the difference between clinical and personal recovery,
- the difference between recovery and recovery-based practice,
- the role of mental health services in supporting people in their efforts of recovery,
- and the principles and practices of recovery-oriented service delivery.
Using resources written by Helen Glover and Nadine Thomas from Enlightened Consultants, this on-line course has been created with support from both State and National Government bodies.
Upon successful completion of all activities, students will receive a Statement of Attainment for this unit.
Students successfully completing this unit, may consider enrolment into CHC40512 - Certificate IV in Mental Health which is offered at Brisbane North Institute of TAFE, Caboolture Campus.
What study options do I have?
At this time, we do not have any study options available. Please contact 1800 657 387 for the most current information.
Information correct as at 16 November 2012.